Deprived Magazine has just recently launched its first volume, so now it’s time to ask: what’s next?
Well, the purpose of the magazine is to explore topics surrounding gender and sexuality through art.
So far, the team has opened up the floor for discussions surrounding standards and expectations, self-care and acceptance, sexual education (or lack thereof), possible views of virginity, and the vulnerability that comes with the concept of being ‘deflowered’.
These are all topics that can’t be discussed fully in one volume, and so we’ve decided to explore each category in more depth.
Since the project is community based, Deprived Magazine is currently looking for submissions. There is no fee to submit, and no limit to the number of submissions. Works selected by Deprived Magazine are for the purposes of educating, and allowing your voice to be heard.
What exactly is it that Deprived Magazine is looking for?
Submissions can be in the form of music, visual art, creative writing, photography, video art, and/or academic articles.
How Do You Submit?
- Fill out the Publication Agreement
- Include a statement explaining why you believe each submission relates to one of the topics listed below:
- standards and expectations,
- self-care and acceptance,
- sexual education (or lack thereof),
- possible views of virginity,
- the vulnerability that comes with the concept of being ‘deflowered’
- Send documents (signed publication agreement and explanation) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: If submissions are anonymous, please state.